Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Can't Sleep

Tonight my mind is spinning with all God has done recently.  I am continually amazed at the children He has blessed us with and how they fit perfectly into our family.  Our recent move to the country has brought a new way of looking at spring approaching...garden planning.  We had our first garden last spring.  Well, our neighbors had the garden and we worked it together.  How amazing it was, to see the first sign of each item we planted!  I had no clue what a green bean looked like when it grew, until Elaina showed me something was growin out of the flower.   This year we are able to garden our own land.  Mark wants to plant corn, I hope to make sauce with our own tomatoes and Maddie is hoping we can each have a little garden for a growing competition!  I am afraid my garden would lose; I have vetoed that idea.  How fun it is to plan what we will plant.  The kids and I began praying today that God will honor our ignorant efforts and we will have veggies to freeze for the winter.  As food costs rise and our family grows, a garden is becoming essential.  So, as I can't sleep, I am dreaming of the tasty treats we hope to eat this summer!

No comments: