Monday, February 4, 2008

Something Jillian Wrote...

I am going to post something Jillian wrote because It touched me (I received full permission in regard to the copyright! What touched me is the part about the Christian life being an uphill climb, but as we work to seek Him how the view just gets sweeter. I hope you enjoy this as much as I. We have many things to write about and I hope to get back tonight to give some great updates on Maddie's first birthday in America, some new believers in our Heavenly family and milk goats!!!!

  • One reflection you can never see with a mirror...

    [Before you read... The issues raised within its text are not raised for the fact of the issues or convictions within themselves, but merely to discuss the PATHWAY in which I arrive at such conclusions. I wish for no one to misinterpret my meaning. :) ]

    "Culture is religion externalized." -Henry Van Til
    "The way a people live their lives, the way they communicate, their philosophy of work, and their approach to aesthetics all reflect the standards and priorities of the people, and those priorities are dictated by their true faith." -Douglas W. Phillips

    Today, more than before, a certain truth has permeated into my mind, and, in the process, into my heart as well. It is the fact that everything I do reflects something. And as I sit and ponder this fact, I wonder, what is my reflection?
    It seems to me, that the more I allow God to work in my life, the higher and higher He pushes the bar of my personal standards. Each time I feel like I have arrived at the highest ground, He pushes back the fog to reveal uncharted territory. And, I have to admit, it is rather cool. How dull it would be if we never had room to improve! If we remained on top of the same lowly hill all of our lives. Instead, God offers us a continual adventure of climbing higher and higher up the mountain He calls holiness. I have found that the air gets thiner and thiner and the path steeper and stepper, but oh how the view gets sweeter and sweeter!
    But today was another "pushing back the fog" type of days. And God asked me a simple question. What are you living for? He often asks this question, but today it was more pointed. He asked, "What is the reason you wear those clothes? I am not asking if you are modest, but what you wear tells a lot. Would you say they tell about Me? Or why do you take the time to watch ________? Would you say that you are living for Me in front of a TV? Why do you eat that? Do you have self control? What's your real motive in doing school, and working? Am I your true objective? How much of your day is just going through the motions and how much is really living for Me? I don't desire for you to live for me on occasion throughout your day Jillian. Living is a 24-7 constant thing you do. I don't want you to reflect me here and there, when your doing this and that, but I want you to reflect Me and never stop."
    Everything I do reflects something. Even if as a WHOLE, MOST is reflecting Him, I am cheating Him of my all and therefore dishonestly holding back something that isn't even mine, and faking myself into believing I am dong a good deed. What an awful fragrance that would be in front of my Holy God, what an offense to the price He paid to purchase me.

    "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Sharon~


No comments: