"And regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of Scriptures, to their own destruction. You, therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen."
1) I could relate to Paul as my brother in Christ
2) It is okay that I don't understand all of what Paul wrote in his letters!
3) the untaught and unstable distort the scriptures (reminder)
4) Be on my guard and make sure I am not carried away by unprincipled men
5) To be steadfast in God's Word
So, I know it is basic, but it was a great reminder to me that God is in control and my job is to remain steadfast and grow in Christ. My job as a mom is to make sure my children remain steadfast and grow in Christ or come to a saving knowledge of Him - depending on the child. We will honor our Lord, remain steadfast and "be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yield its fruit in its season, its leaf does not wither and whatever he does he prospers." Psalm 1:3