Tuesday, September 2, 2008

too long, eh?

Hello all! Well, as I am sure you have guessed, our lack of posting is the product of a busy schedule! I am sorry to keep you out of the loop for so long.  We have all wanted to post, but as our wise Youth Pastor says ever so often, "Direction not intention determines destination" So, no posts, but know we wanted to! :)

Can you believe it's September!! Tis unbelievable! It seems like summer had just begun, and now we are heading into the fall and winter months. wow....
WELL, Nathan has headed back to CofC (College of Charleston). He has an amazing apartment and is suffering from a cough he hasn't been able to get rid of since Africa (please pray for that!) While the rest of us have begun school! The kids LOVE it, which makes the process hardly painful. Our first graders are plowing through letters and sounds. They sound out everything! Today, I was making play dough for a special school project. Those who know me well, know I love surprises, so I didn't tell them what I was doing. Poor naive Eska thought it was some sort of bread dough and ate it! Needless to say, she was spitting into the trash can a few moments later. ;) But, they were very persistent in determining what I was doing. Finally they realized it had something to do with the school book I kept looking at and decided they would sound it out. :) They almost did, before I took it away. :) They are learning so quickly!
The weather here has been, funny, to say the least. (It always is during hurricane season) One afternoon we thought we were on a little house on the prairie episode.  It had been a rainy day, so i hibernated in my room, doing my favorite rainy day activities: reading and writing, when lo and behold, a heard a knock on my door. The rain had stopped and standing there looking a little confused was little miss Haddie Hope. She was talking so fast i could hardly understand her. I was able to make out something to do with Mom, the goats, and they needed my help. I ventured outside to see that Whoosha (our goat guard dog) had dug out of one of the fences, and that a tree had fallen on another fence.  We needed to move all the goats to another area (which did not exist in that moment... yet) then build them a new shelter for when the rain started again. Well, we set to work, and of course, dad was in a meeting and we couldn't get a hold of him. :) Mom built a very suitable gate for the new dwelling and the rest of us started on the shelter. Our heros the Bratz's showed up and helped us out. As a few of us were carrying some plywood across the yard it started to pour. The kids (And I ) loved it! :) Working in the rian is just so much more enjoyable. We continued on, building a shelter, getting plywood and climbing over fences with it, getting cut, and eaten by ants. The operation was quite a ordeal because we have a little buck sick with pneumonia, so we needed a dry spot for him as soon as possible. But anyway, we got it finished by the time Dad got home. We all were rather proud, not to mention soaked! :)
Also, recently staring in a phenomenal film was Sharon Mansell!! To check out this Ethel look a like, click here: I LOVE CHOCOLATE 
We love you all!
And secretly I am hoping we have to evacuate, because then, maybe we can visit some of you! :) Although, that is not a good thing to wish for. :)
Adios!
~jillian

3 comments:

Maria said...

You're back! You're back! Hooray!

Poor Billy Buck...hope he kicks the pneumonia soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can totally see Eska eating play doh :) awe.

You always pick the best stories to tell, thanks Jillian

Anderson Crew said...

LOVE the video clips!!! Glad you guys are back online!
Why is Maddie sick?