Thursday, September 4, 2008

"No Food, PLEASE!"

In our house, one of my chores is to make breakfast each morning.  Mom chose this chore for me because I love mornings and love to make breakfast food!

So, a tale from this morning.

I woke up, fed the dogs, and came into the kitchen to start the task of breakfast. "What should I make?" I reviewed the contents of the pantry, thumbed through a cookbook, and was about the make chocolate-chip waffles (healthy I know...) when Yordy and Tamu file in. Yordy, the designated spokesman articulates:
"Jillian, we want cereal. No more food, PLEASE. No more food that makes us full."
"Yeah," Tamu pipped in. "All little kids like cereal."
I listened to their concerns in the most considering manner. :) But, I had to leave the kitchen to tell mom and laugh. "Please don't make us a nice hot breakfast and make us full. Please don't give us the best."
I suppose nothing is a treat if you have it all the time. Even if it is a hot breakfast.
:)

4 comments:

lindsay said...

I LOVE your family!

Anonymous said...

Awe. I agree. I love them too! I have to come and see you guys next time I come down. I can see Tamu now with his high pitched voice agreeing with Yordy the "All Wise" one :)

Unknown said...

That is ao cute Jillian.Love sam

Miss Everyday said...

That is adorable, my job is feeding the younger kids too, but I don't think i've ever had the kids say anything like that haha! aw =)